Friday, May 23, 2008

Labels.... life....

Things have been moving along.... not like I always like but they are moving. I have had many "lightbulb" moments over the past few days about me and my life. One of the things I have been dealing with is the label "Bi". Never put myself in this catagory before and when I was put there I was really freaked out about it. But what was there to be freaked out about? I am married. I am into women. I HATE sex with a man and thank God I don't have to go down that road anymore. BUT the fact is I am still married. Jen asked me a good question in therapy this week (which started the freak out)! Is it that I don't like sex with all men or just HB? WTF??? I had not thought of sex other than with HB and I tell you that is NOT where I want to go.... but ALL men???? WTF! Sooooo.... in looking inside myself I have to ask some really hard questions. And then there is the outside world. Lesbians have very little tolerance for BI people, as some of my L friends said, it feels like you want the best of both worlds. Gay men are more accepting I think. This puts a whole new spin on things.... and I don't know the answer. I keep looking for some sign that lets me know which label, if any, really fits me.... maybe I am making too much of this label thing.... maybe I just need to be me.... bi, lesbian, hetero, whatever it is.... just me.

No comments: