Wednesday, April 11, 2007

New book... Too good to leave, too bad to stay..

I started reading this book yesterday... by Mira Kirshenbaum... It is supposed to help you decide what direction you need to take in your life.. and to finally do it... either recommit or leave and start anew.... one of the statements in the book really got my attention....

"staying ambivalent can cause tremendous damage. Being stuck like this can end up killing you emotionally if you stay when you should be getting out. And it can end up killing your relationship if you keep thinking about leaving when it could be fixed if only you put energy into it. You can end up being deprived of joy and intimacy and of hope. And it is not like waiting around is going to show you what's best for you. Ambivalence doesn't produce answers. It is just a dangerous trap. Sucking you dry."

How many more years am I going to stay here trying to figure this out? Do I really know what I want? Am I waiting for someone/ something to give me the answer? Why am I waiting for a sign? Why am I so afraid to do what I feel is right for me?

I guess I will continue to read on....

3 comments:

just pineapple said...

Hey just popping by to read.

Sally said...

Inside, you already know the answer. You've known for a long time. Maybe you have to just keep repeating it to yourself, and maybe one day you'll get enough strength to do exactly what you know you have to do, for you, for your happiness. In the menatime, you have the support of others. Not everybody is ready at the same time, with the same rythm. Take your time and take care of those things that are relevant to you.

mzsalty said...

Yes you are right... repeat, repeat, repeat.... in my own time... this book asweres those nagging questions that keep creeping into my mind as I work towards freedom...