Thursday, April 26, 2007

Talking about abuse...

I am to the part of the book that talks about abusive behavior... it says if you are in an abusive situation... get out... easier said than done for anyone who has ever been there... I am glad that I am not in such a situation.... yet my therapist tells me that my relationship may not be physically abusive but there are many types of abuse... passive/ aggressive behavior, silent treatment, shaming me, walking on "egg shells", silent fear.... I wonder if I really concider this as "abusive"... more munipulative behavior... BUT IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE... I guess anything that makes a human being feel less than one is abuse to some degree.
I am working on getting back the "me" that would never have put up with this from anyone... a long journey for sure.... but one worth taking...

1 comment:

Sally said...

Every journey starts with the first step, including the journey of rediscovering your self.
Keep going, and you'll find yourself, and you'll be in peace with yourself for doing this.
Maybe abuse has come from you too, for thinking that you are not worth to fight and be happy?? Just pure speculations!! LOL!
Hugs from Berlin!